STRING THEORY - a new video from Glowforge!

I remember that too! So awesome to feature it in a video… I like the part where you throw United Airlines under the bus :laughing:

12 Likes

Love it! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Outstanding! A very elegant telling of the tale.

8 Likes

I’m surprised lawyers are ok with UA being used like that.

7 Likes

I think your storytelling is evolving. Well done! :clap:

4 Likes

Hahaha–yeah! Reminds me of the famous United Breaks Guitars video.

5 Likes

Love the technique of laying the lighter material on a black background to trace.

:glowforge:-----------------------:boom:

4 Likes

Liz is awesome!

2 Likes

I remember hearing about that…love the video storytelling :smile:

1 Like

Great video! Nicely done!

2 Likes

Yes. This is such a cool story. Pretty gutsy leaving the airline logo in the mix! Stand by for for stringed instrument bridge construction flame-war to be re-ignited in 3…2…1…

11 Likes

Yeah that popped out at me immediately too. They did make their own bed =P.

3 Likes

Legal issues aside, the truth is the truth. This was a memorable story and this video was great!

2 Likes

Me too. Raised quite a kerfluffle about how any self-respecting musician (and/or luthier, etc) would be appalled because it wasn’t precisely crafted and tuned to be anything remotely playable. Someone here was an instrument maker/repairer and was quite vocal about how awful this was.

Perfect example of people knowing that things won’t work in the face of reality that suggests otherwise. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Even if it WAS awful, it was an immediate replacement…which would never have happened at all without the Glowforge. I’m no musician, but seems to me better than nothing.

9 Likes

Nooo… :tired_face: :tired_face: :tired_face:

10 Likes

No one but the poster here (who wasn’t there and didn’t have any first hand experience with the fix) thought it was awful. Consensus seemed to be that it would actually have taken a lot of work to make it bad :grinning:

1 Like

I remember that story… In fact—told my friend whose an orchestra director about it and he just dropped off a cello bridge he wants me to engrave so they can give it to one of the other directors who’s leaving as a farewell gift. Was just about to post a thread on here to get some input from others with more experience before I try to do this and screw it up. (EDIT: Engraving a cello bridge)

4 Likes

Cool video @bailey! :+1::sunglasses:
I particularly liked the slo-mo of the instrument case flying through the air with the carrier’s logo in the background.

I should do one with my glowforge box and a strategically placed logo…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

My glow forge box probably had a trip like that, given the state it was in when it had arrived. Don’t even joke bro!

2 Likes