Stuck and Funny Noises

My Glowforge is making funny noises this morning. I was setting up to engrave on a cutting board and the head got stuck (forgot to remove the honeycomb first). Now it won’t finish cycling through, and when the unit moves, it makes a funny noise. I have a feeling something is off track, but am unsure how to fix it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Open the lid and the front garage door and look inside. Check the left and right rails where the gantry moves front to back. Make sure the bearings are seated and the toothed belt is ok.

Take the head off. Just gently pull it forward and pull up (careful not to put a big fingerprint on the side window!). Then inspect the gantry and left to right movements. Make sure the carriage for the head is seated.

Then move the head left to right. Then move it front to back and see if it slides.

That will let you know where the problem is. Often in this case it is simply a matter of putting the roller bearings back on the rails.

Here is one of a few topics that checks into things like this. Good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks…I have a feeling I got the sides back, but the head is making the noise. Will try doing as you suggest and will keep you posted.

THANKS AGAIN!

Not exactly sure what I did, but I fixed it! Thanks for your advice!

Thanks for the answer @marmak3261 , that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!