Stuck at Calculating precision movement

I have Everything lined out and ready to go with my cutting board and recipe card. But it’s stuck at preparing your print. Why? Any ideas?

Sometimes it is our own internet–I find my operations can be affected by time of day–e.g. when folks get home from school/work and start putting demand on the network we share (changing network channel helps)… Or I haven’t cleaned my computer’s internet cache… or the browser is doing an update.

Or pending the artwork itself, it can take a much longer time to load than others…

The GF is extremely sensitive, as there is a lot of information trying to upload from your computer to the cloud & the home base & then from there back down to the GF and your computer before it’s ready and the button lights up. So making sure all is good with your own 2.4gHz network and computer’s internet functions is critical.

And a quick test to verify it’s not related to the GF directly, is run the “gift of good measure”.

2 Likes

While the tolerance has gotten much much better, there’s always a chance the design could also be too big, or is just so big it seems like it’s getting stuck(I mean by nose count if an svg or similar vector file). Or there’s some oddity in the file that’s causing the servers to loop in calculating and error/time out but not let you know about it.

I extracted your logs and it appears to be a focusing issue. You can print on objects up to 2" thick by removing the crumb tray. However, your Glowforge can’t focus too far down, so you may need to put something laser-compatible underneath your material to lift it up. Raise it until the top surface of your material is between 1.5" and 2" high, measured from the metal plate on the bottom.

Our community has developed some great Tips and Tricks, and this illustrated guide might be just what you need.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.