Stuck at scanning! Please help me!

Oh no its the day that i have been dreading since i got my machine.

My machine is stuck at scanning and doesnt calibrate at all during the initial turn on process.

Ive had my machine for about 6 months and love everything about it. I have in the past had some internet issues that i have been able to remedy with the reset and new hotspot deal. Ive even bought a wifi extender for the room that my glowforge is in, so i think this problem is different.

please help me. id hate for my machine to be down as were just getting into what could be busy season.

mahalo nui!!

Please go through the many trouble shooting steps that are provided in many threads about this–search for “stuck on scanning” to find these! Can be system is confused by too much outside light (close the curtain/cover the lid), material on the crumb tray… Have you cleared your cache on your PC? Worst case is the cable, and Support will need you to check specific things and send photos…

I’m sorry that your unit is getting stuck while scanning. The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Please let us know what you find. Thank you!

Mahalo nui for your response however after checking the five clips like you said. Unfortunately they all seem in tacked and not strained at all.

Thank you for checking that out for us. Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem.

I’d like to send you a replacement cable to get you back up and printing as soon as possible. I’ll be in touch via email soon to sort out the details.