Stuck at "waiting for you to connect to glowforge wifi"

Hello, we recently switched wifi networks at our building and I can’t get the glowforge to reconnect to any device. I’m able to get it to seemingly start broadcasting it’s wifi network, able to connect from windows/iOS/Android but unable to get past the “waiting for you to connect to glowforge wifi” step in the setup. For clarity the glowforge was previously connected through our old wifi network which still currently exists but has no outside internet, attempts to reconnect are being made through the new network, we have tried multiple devices on multiple platforms and are always stuck at the same place. Thanks for any responses or ideas for troubleshooting.

I’m so sorry to hear that you are running into trouble connecting your Glowforge.

Your Glowforge needs internet access. However, it does not need to be connected to the same network as the computer, phone, or tablet you are using to print.

For example, you can create a hotspot on your cell phone and use that network to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi. This is a good way to rule out Wi-Fi interference, since you can set your phone right on top of your Glowforge!

You can find instructions online to help you create a Wi-Fi hotspot from your cell phone. Make sure that you set it up to be a 2.4 GHz hotspot, since that is the frequency your Glowforge uses.

Once the Wi-Fi hotspot is broadcasting, you can connect to it by following these steps:

1. Turn on your Glowforge.
  2. Wait 30 seconds. Then hold down the button for ten seconds until it glows teal.
  3. Navigate to setup.glowforge.com and follow the instructions on-screen. When prompted to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi, choose the hotspot you created.
  4. Once Wi-Fi setup is complete, go to app.glowforge.com and try a few prints.

Let us know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since we’ve heard from you. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

I’m going to close this topic, but please don’t hesitate to start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com if you’re still running into trouble. Thanks!