Stuck calibrating - orange light of doom - laser not firing

After not correctly scoring a design earlier, then cutting it ok afterwards, I’ve just had the design only cut half way through then it went onto the orange light. Its now taking a while to even load. it’s just loaded up ok, and i can see that there is no laser light firing at all!!!

1 Like

I’m sure you probably have checked this, however, with the manipulations you describe, be sure your power hasn’t decreased to 1…
Are other designs causing the same problem? Support is going to ask you to do the GOGM to see so I’d go ahead and get that done…

Hi, yes all my settings were fine. I tried the gogm and although it all sounded ok, and was moving there was no laser firing at all… I’ve taken out the laser head etc and cleaned it, taken off the belt and fan to clean that - just waiting on some compressed air to arrive as I ran out - to clean those. And then the joy of trying to get the belt back on!!

1 Like

Can you please liaise directly with my daughter who is the owner of the machine and copy in Dan Shapiro

Many thanks

GKD Baldwin

Get Outlook for iOS

Attachments

Glowforge - this is my laser, but in my panic I didn’t sign in to my own forum email but my dad’s by mistake. I still haven’t heard from support on this matter.

Hi I’ve cleaned it, and it’s still not Working

Link to videos showing start up w

Link to Dropbox folder with photos and videos of start up, during non cutting process. Please can someone from support get back to me ASAP

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with your Glowforge @juliaheartsu.

Thank you so much for including those photos and videos. To help us quickly determine the next steps, please inspect the mirror in the Printer Head:

• Follow these instructions to access the Printer Head mirror.

• If you see damage to the mirror or the plastic handle (for example, if the plastic handle has been melted), please check the interior of the Printer Head for any additional damage. If you don’t see any signs of physical damage inside the Printer Head you can purchase a replacement Printer Head Mirror through the shop. Note: If there is damage to the plastic handle on the mirror, the mirror may be difficult to remove. You can follow the instructions here for removing a mirror that is stuck.

• If you find any damage in the Printer Head, please take a photo of the damage and send it to us and we’ll follow up with next steps.

Next, it does look like your Printer Head Lens is installed upside down. Could you try removing the lens, and install it the correct way for us? Once the above is done, could you try one additional Gift of Good Measure for us?

Let us know how it goes!

I’ve added more photos showing that the mirror is clean and correctly installed. Please confirm you have reviewed these.

Your lens looks like it is inserted incorrectly. (I know he said mirror, but it’s the lens.)

Hello! @juliaheartsu I’m Ray and I will be stepping in for my colleague Jeremy. They wanted me to make sure you were taken care of. I apologize for any confusion but it looks like the printer head lens is installed incorrectly.

All you need to do is flip this lens to the other side using the blue lens tool. Once that is done could you perform a test print with the Gift of Good Measure? Let me know how it goes and I will be more than happy to assist with the next steps!

Ok I understand… That’s very strange as it’s been cutting fine! I’ve checked and cleaned and moved it the other way around, and still nothing is working in form of laser cutting. Added two more videos showing start up (the rattling has stopped)

Have you had a chance to review the videos or check anything from my glowforge log? It’s incredibly frustrating to not have had anyone contact me directly on this. This is my second glowforge pro in just over a year. I’m out of warranty and being in the UK this makes things even more frustrating.

Hi there,

I did request that you to liaise directly with my daughter who is the owner of the machine.

She is copied in on the and has not had any luck in getting this problem solved.

It is clearly the Laser not firing, she has completely exhausted the diagnostic advice received from the automatic support service.

So can you please help her directly solve this ASAP. She has been unable to fulfil orders on her website so is somewhat frustrated.

Best wishes hoping for a positive response.

Kind regards

Geoff Baldwin

GKD Baldwin

RYA Yachtmaster & VHF/SRC Instructor

Nant Paradwys,

6 Ger-Y-Duad,

Cynwyl Elfed,

Carmarthenshire

SA33 6TQ

e-mail GKDBaldwin@hotmail.com

Tel: 01267281040

Mob: 07946550674
Skype Name:geoffrey.baldwin3

To Zendesk,

I have just spoke with my daughter who has told me that she has sent in full reports with pictures and videos on last Friday, so I am somewhat confused why you have asked and said.

"Hi Geoffrey,

It's been a little while since I've heard back from you. I hope that's because everything worked out! If not, just let me know and we'll get it solved.

"

Please explain why you sent this.

Kind regards

Geoff Baldwin

GKD Baldwin

RYA Yachtmaster & VHF/SRC Instructor

Nant Paradwys,

6 Ger-Y-Duad,

Cynwyl Elfed,

Carmarthenshire

SA33 6TQ

e-mail GKDBaldwin@hotmail.com

Tel: 01267281040

Mob: 07946550674
Skype Name:geoffrey.baldwin3

@gkdbaldwin and @juliaheartsu,

I’m so incredibly sorry for our delayed response and for the impact this has caused your business.

Unfortunately, our troubleshooting has determined that we’ll need to replace this unit.

For our next steps, I’ll need some personal information from you. I’m sending an email to Julia, with you cc’d, with more information momentarily.

I will wait to make any additional actions on either of the forum posts until I’ve heard back from you.

I see we’re working with @juliaheartsu via email, so I’m going to close this post to simplify our communication.