Stuck centering/focusing

I’ve had the orange light of Doom appear last week, thought it was due to the cold in the room, so have been mindful of warming the room up before using it, which has helped. Obviously once warm enough, venting out of the window brings the cold back in. Anyway. It was working ok then today it stopped half way through a print. I turned it off, cleaned everything, heated the room up again and then turned it on. Lots of back and forth later it finally rendered the image. Cut one fine. Then I set it to do two more and the engrave was unreadable and very blurry. The cut didn’t go through. Stopped it, set it up again and finally its cut the rest of the order. However, the engrave is different to before as slightly lighter? So why is this happening and also any other tips to keep the gf warm enough and vent ideas in cold Uk weather!
I’ve added the photo of the correct Baubles and the failed cuts

1 Like

I’m no help but here for the responses as I’m having the same problem this morning. It’s our coldest morning yet since owning my machine; I hadn’t considered that as a possibility.

I placed an inline fan directly in the vent hole at the wall and leave it on 24/7. This pushes the cold out, drawing warm air through the GF. It has the added benefit of keeping all fumes out of the room as it is not pushing it through the hose (and any holes) but rather forcing it directly outside.

1 Like

Can you show me a picture please so I can investigate? I’m getting a window circular cutter to vent directly thru but need to know how to close it!!

1 Like

Hopefully someone can help! Cleaned it all up and took bloody ages of reattach the belt after checking the carriage.

I vent mine out of a window, I used my GF to cut the hole in the plywood too.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that your print didn’t cut through.

Could you please post a photo of the front and back of the print?

Please also let us know the date and time of the print (including time zone) in your reply.

There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.
  • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

The dates of the print was today 3rd December and the time was approximately 2pm GMT

Hi @juliaheartsu, I see you also emailed us about this and we’re working on it there. To avoid duplicate communications, I’m going to close this topic.