Stuck centering or focusing after single print

I’ve hit a wall with my glowforge. A couple of weeks ago my exhaust fan broke, so I have installed an exterior exhaust fan and new duct system. While doing that I went ahead and cleaned my machine up thoroughly and it was up and running again on Saturday. Right away I noticed an improvement with the new exhaust fan however yesterday I started having trouble with ‘focusing’ and ‘centering’. Now my machine is stuck ‘centering’ after one single cut that was less than 3 minutes. I’ve walked through all of the troubleshooting steps (checked cable connections, made sure everything is clean including lens etc. turned things on/off including wifi router). I’ve restarted my machine multiple times. I have used my machine for about 2 years sitting in this same position without much trouble. Nothing has changed…I’m not sure where to go from here, I’d love help!

Might be the lid cable…but Glowforge is going to have to check the logs to see it. Sounds like you’ve checked everything else.

They’ll let you know. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m having the same issue (stuck on centering, the lens head won’t budge). They wrote me back, saying that I have to replace the lid cable (black), and it was about $30 including shipping and taxes. I paid over the weekend, not sure how long that’ll take, but I’ve had to email customers about the delay.

If that does not fix it, I was told to reach out again to see what else it could be. My lid cable looks fine, though, it’s not worn down or anything. The only thing that was out of the ordinary was that the clip had opened? But I closed it-still didn’t work :-I Hope that helps. Reach out to them!

Unfortunately you probably won’t be able to see any damage to the cable since it will be internal. It should’t take more than a week to get one. It is easy to replace if you follow the guide which is here:

Disregard the title, it will open to the cable replacement article.

1 Like

Posting here is reaching out to them. It opens a support ticket, the same as sending an email.

I’m so sorry for the trouble! I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.