Stuck Centering Over and Over

Ran a 2 jobs last night, 1 for an hour, the other for about 20 minutes and when attempting the 3rd got stuck on centering.

I’ve cleaned everything, checked all lid ribbon connectors, reseated the printer head (a couple times), cleaned the lenses, cleaned the exhaust fan, cleaned the head fan, reset wifi connection, rebooted router, and restarted (a little over 50 times now)

What am I missing?

I’m not sure. I’ve had this problem for over a week now. They sent a replacement black ribbon cable (which seems to have fixed the problem for others) but did not fix my machine. I’m starting to wonder if there isn’t a coincidence between this error and lid camera calibration. It seems as though there are a lot of people encountering this issue in the past month since its release. It makes you wonder - are the two related or is there a much larger problem with this particular cable? I wonder how many of the folks that have experienced the “Stuck on Centering” issue have recently ran the calibration.

However it’s all likely coincidence. I’m just frustrated as I have a ton of jobs to run for the students and staff at my school and I’m unable to do so.

There were quite a few issues with camera, LED lights and door open errors before lid calibration, many of which were traced to the black ribbon cable. It appears that on some early units there was insufficient slack in the cable when the lid was fully opened. Whether the ribbons were frayed on the lid edge, loosened from their connectors or failed due to flex wear we can’t know. A forum member privately posted a picture of the replacement cable that “seemed” to be slightly longer that the original. Might have been a redesign. The cable is not replaced unless there is a related failure under warranty.

Support did get back to me and advised that I need a lid ribbon replacement.

Which I agree @dsnyder is a little odd since I’ve had the machine for some time and not until the calibration did I ever have issues.

I regularly clean the machine and keep very good tabs on forum posts where issues occur. It just seems interesting that after calibration my lid ribbon seems to faulty.

I guess that happens after time.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’ve ordered a new lid cable for you, so I’m going to close this topic.