Stuck centering/scanning head wont move

my machine is stuck either centering or scanning. It does not move the head when stuck centering.

I have cleaned all 3 lenses+mirror and visually inspected the connections and they all look good.

i have switched it on with the head under the camera and I have switched it on both open and closed while leaving it on for 5+min

also, the machine does recognize when I have the lid open or closed.

if someone could point me in the direction of the next steps to take I would appreciate that

How is your wifi and internet?

My wifi has always been solid to the machine as my router is in the same room and neither has moved. I will reset it and see if that fixes the issue.

1 Like

still no luck. reset the wifi

Also, does creating a thread make a ticket or should I reach out to glowforge via email as well?

You’ve already created a ticket by posting here. Don’t email, that will just make duplicates for them to clear. :slight_smile:

Also here are the official troubleshooting steps. You’ve done some of them already:

1 Like

still no dice but i appreciate the link

That’s almost certainly the black cable on the lid. Support will probably ask for clear pictures of each connector it slots into. If that checks out, they will need to send a replacement.

1 Like

would it help if i took photos of them and uploaded it here?

Yes, that way if they need to see them, you won’t have to wait for them to respond again.

if there is anything specific i need to photograph or test let me know. i shot these with the machine off. when on the lights come on like normal and i don’t notice anything different other than the head not moving.

I had to replace that cable recently. I had the exact same issues you have. The good news, it now works perfectly again.

does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to respond to a ticket? im mid project and id like to know how far i need to push back my deadlines.

Currently they’re usually responding within 24 hours. That doesn’t mean your issue will be fixed in 24 hours, though, since it depends on what needs to happen to fix it.

I’m sorry that your unit is getting stuck while centering the print head. Thank you for providing detailed information regarding what you’ve already checked along with photos. I also extracted the logs from your unit to take a closer look.

Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I’d like to send you a replacement for that cable, so I’ll be in touch via email shortly to sort out the details.