Stuck Focusing after cleaning

After a pretty thorough cleaning, my glowforge can’t seem to get past the focusing stage. Any ideas?

Make sure the white cable to the head is firmly seated.

It is - I double checked. None of the pins are bent, as well

I’m so sorry to hear your unit got stuck while centering the head. I extracted the logs to take a closer look, and it looks like the recent centering attempts failed due to the lid being detected as being open.

I’d like to take a look at a few areas inside your unit. Could you do the following for me?

1. Power off your Glowforge

2. Open the lid and front door of your Glowforge

3. Remove your crumb tray

4. Check for and remove any debris that may prevent the front door from closing properly, particularly the area underneath the front door

5. Close the front door and lid

6. Power your Glowforge back on

7. Please take a look at the following photos and let me know anything looks different. If you see anything that looks different, please take a picture and send it to us. Also, if the lights on the lid of your Glowforge are not lighting up, please let me know.

​ ​

​ ​

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this post. If you are still having trouble - let us know.

Please start a new post or reach out at support@glowforge.com, we’ll be happy to take a look.