Stuck focusing on power up, not sure why

Per @Jules advice, I went through the checklist on this post https://community.glowforge.com/t/stuck-centering-focusing-how-to-troubleshoot-for-potential-lid-cable-issues-before-contacting-support

My machine is stuck on focusing at start up. It makes the usual clicking noise that the lens is going up and down, and either does that a few times in a row, or pauses about a minute and does it again.

I’ve followed the steps of restarting, unplugging, etc. Cleared cache, data, etc. Everything is clean, I did a massive deep clean before we moved. The machine survived the move easily thanks to expert packaging. So I tested it today, it worked fine for two cuts each 10 mins+, and then I went to my third it won’t work. Been stuck here about 20 minutes.

EDIT: tried again this morning, 02/14/2020 at 8 AM and still the same issue.

I’m attaching photos of what I think is relevant and related to the focusing problem.

Presuming you did let it sit for a while - depending on how long your move was it’s possible it’s dealing with multiple updates - can you try a hotspot to eliminate the question of whether it’s your ISP that’s having problems?

1 Like

It was out of setup for less than 4 days and already updated, saw the notification in the GFUI. And the fact that I successfully ran two cuts before this happened means it’s not that. The hotspot didn’t work, already tried that too. Thanks for trying though!

After trying all of that, I would think about clearing the browser cache as a last resort.

I cleared everything but login data, all the way back to “forever” as they put it, haha.

1 Like

Well, I’m impressed you had the dust (and boxes) settle that fast after the move!
Good Luck!

1 Like

Thanks friend. Last thing packed, one of the first unpacked. The garage has been handy.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry about the trouble with your Glowforge after your move. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch soon via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like