Stuck focusing or scanning

I completed a cut yesterday, and after the cut was complete my GF keeps saying scanning and focusing, and isn’t doing either on of these. i turned the machine off about 50 times, i reset my wifi, i cleaned the lens, and i emailed support. i’m stuck and have a few order i need to send out asap. Anyone know what to do until support gets back to me. Please help!

Shooting in the dark. If it is trying to scan/focus, are the windows at the bottom of the head on either side of the lens clean? One is the head camera and the other produces a red laser dot used for focusing.

1 Like

For future reference, posting in Problems and Support opens a support ticket, as does sending an email to support. Opening two tickets for the same problem tends to slow things down, so it’s best just to do one or the other. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yup cleaned everything twice last night :confused:

good to know… here i as thinking i would be speeding it up :roll_eyes:

1 Like

As for your problem, here’s the official troubleshooting list for this issue; always a good idea to see if you’ve covered everything on it: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/wi-fi#glowforge-is-offline

Other things:

• Make sure you’ve cleaned all the places that need cleaning, not just the lens itself: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/cleaning#things-that-need-wiping

• After cleaning, make sure you replaced the lens and mirror in their correct orientations.

• Ambient lighting (too bright) can also confuse the camera, especially if you’re trying to use reflective materials. Turn off any lights near the GF, take your materials out, and try it with just the honeycomb tray.

• Try changing the GF’s wifi channel

• Make sure nothing is obscuring the Glowforge logo on top of the print head (it’s used for camera calibration).

• Check the lid light cable clips: Stuck on scanning during start up

3 Likes

Thank you, tried it all still stuck :confused: … Thank you for trying though

1 Like

Thanks so much for helping out with troubleshooting suggestions, @geek2nurse, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to do so. @ventch, I’ve pulled the logs from your Glowforge to investigate, and unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we repair or replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like