Stuck in Calibration - My Turn

When: Since about noon EDT, 9/10/2018

Before: Was cutting bookmarks from paper products then switched over to medium draftboard for a different project. Auto settings failed to cut through completely so I shut down to clean lenses and mirror.

Unit has not passed calibration since.

Glowforge has had power cycled at least six times.

Cutting head was moved under camera for at least three of those power cycles.

Wifi router has been rebooted. multiple power cycles since.

Computer in use has been rebooted. multiple power cycles since.

Thought I had seen a checklist for this problem but couldn’t find it. The above steps seem to be common “fixes” though.

From other threads there seem to be other communications issue today. I rather hope this clears itself when those issues are resolved.

Otherwise - HELP!

The troubleshooting page is here: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/wi-fi#glowforge-is-offline

Seems like you’ve done most of the “stuff,” but maybe it will have something else to try…

1 Like

Try pulling the crumb tray out & repowering the machine. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can check to see if your Browser is up to date, just to eliminate that possibility.
Cleaning your cache is also recommended.

I’m still trying to figure out why that helps. :confused:

I’m so sorry you’re having trouble.

You mentioned you cleaned the lens just before the problems started.

Can you please repeat the process of removing and reinserting the lens in the head:
https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/cleaning#things-that-need-wiping

(Be sure to confirm the lens orientation according to the pictures in the instructions.)

Please let us know the results.

1 Like

Also be sure to double check that the ribbon is properly plugged into the head, considering the number of times that calibration issue happens right after a cleaning job that would now be one of the first things I would look for.

lens was actually tipped on it’s side. Unit appears to be calibrating now.

Calibration complete.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Glad to hear it!

How is the cut through now that everything is clean?

Absolutely no problem with cutting through.

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!