Stuck in Centering after use

Hello all,
After two engravings last night and try to start new one this morning I have my Glowforge stuck in Centering.
i follow all steps of troubleshooting :slight_smile:
Clean , restart , restart router, restart app. still the same, please advise

One thing to check is the cables in the lid to make sure all the connections are closed and flat. There’s a writeup on what to look for here.

1 Like

I took a look and all are close, don’t seem to be loose either.

Hmmmm. Unfortunately, that’s about all we can suggest for you to try, now you’ll need to wait to hear from Support. They can look at the logs for your machine and might have additional tests for you to run, so keep an eye on this thread, and on your emails if you also sent it in directly.

(They’ll let you know what the next steps are going to be.) :slightly_smiling_face:

Another thing that can sometimes be a problem is bright light in the room. If you have bright and / or fluorescent lights, you may want to try moving them to see if that helps. Certainly no guarantee, but it has been known to help some users (myself included) in the past.

Thanks Jules

I did find people have similar issues, yes I try with some lights, no lights, same results.
It seems that wants to move , i can hear, but it gets stuck either on Centering or Homing and it take forever, I check speed of internet, wifi unit is 2 1/2 feet away from it, I move even closer, same resoults.

You might try moving the router farther away. Believe it or not, right on top of it doesn’t always work…it might work better across the room.

Done that as well, running out of options to figure out what else can be done. It’s strange that was working no issue and next day just stop

Sounds like it might be a lid cable issue to me, which only Glowforge can diagnose from looking at the logs, so you’re back to waiting to hear from them. (But it doesn’t hurt to eliminate other possible causes while you wait, so that’s what we’re doing here.) :slightly_smiling_face:

Agree Jules, will wait for support to let me know what is a next step. After going trough the email that is sent automatically saying it may take up to three business days, are you for real?

After going trough the email that is sent automatically saying it may take up to three business days, are you for real?

Completely. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nowadays it doesn’t take the full three days except in times of crisis. (Like that first production run…those were the days.) But yes, it can take from several hours to a day or two, depending on how many issues they are dealing with. Sending additional emails and opening more tickets here in the Problems and Support area causes delays, so try to stick it out. If you haven’t heard back after the three days, it’s fine to ask again in case the first notice got lost. (This one will not get lost by the way, so you’re good.)

Small company, about 16 thousand customers by now I imagine…you’ll get your turn. Hang in there. There isn’t any way to speed up the process except by not adding to it. They will see your ticket here.

1 Like

yeah it’s my customer base that is hurting, special at this time of the year when you have orders stocking and not having resolution on when will you start production

1 Like

Yeah, it’s tough if you’ve got customers waiting. Unfortunately, there isn’t really anything that anyone can do for you besides Glowforge. They have the ability to look at the logs for your machine and see more than we can. All we can do as customers is have you run through any preliminary testing to get it out of the way, so you don’t have to wait even longer while you go and look up the things that they need.

If it does turn out to be a bad lid cable, (it’s been a common recent issue), they can usually get you a replacement with instructions for installation in about a week to ten days locally (in the US) so you won’t have to be out a much longer period of time while the machine gets sent back to the shop for repair. As a business owner, I know you need the information, so that’s what I’d start planning for. At a minimum.

1 Like

What exactly does that mean? Is the head moving at all?

Sometimes will move from Focusing position to Centering and frezz, that is what I am meaning by moving.
When I start/ power on I can hear that is working and just fades out, lol not sure if I am explaining correctly,
Either way I can see it’s communicating with server becouse on my pc showing how far is move in process, hope this clear confusion.

Do you have any material in the bed? Have you tried taking it out?

1 Like

Bed tray is empty.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like