Stuck in Centering/Scanning

Hey GF.

My machine has been stuck in Centering/Scanning all day. I’ve done every suggested troubleshooting step the community and the staff has suggested.

1. power cycled the machine.
  2. power cycled the router/computer/GF.
  3. connected the GF to another wifi network.
  4. thoroughly cleaned the machine.
  5. checked the lid cables for solid connections.
  6. moved head below the camera.

Nothing seems to help. Can you please support with next steps.

thanks,
Armen

1 Like

Hi Armen, while you’re waiting for Support to get here, there are some more things to try in this thread: Stuck Centering/Focusing: How to Troubleshoot for potential Lid Cable issues before contacting Support 😲

1 Like

Ya, i’ve done all that. i head Jules’s post and several other staff member’s troubleshooting advice.

Ok, you didn’t mention the hotspot test, and that’s a big one, so I wasn’t sure you’d seen the full list. :blush:

ya step 3 (for me). connected to my phones hot spot. i just wrote another wifi network.

Are you on a dedicated 2.4gHz network? If it’s “band steering”, the GF doesn’t work on that, and needs dedicated band (if you’re not sure, call your provider tech support and don’t let them sell you on how wonderful “band steering” is (it may have other names, too). Likely fine for typical home electronics, but not good for the GF!

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble with centering and scanning. I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.