Stuck in Centering since yesterday

Hello,

My glowforge has been stuck in the “centering” phase since yesterday (5/14/21). I have tried the following below:

• Read and followed the “stuck calibrating” article
  • Read and followed the “wifi troubleshooting” article, including a Factory Reset
  • Cleaned printer head and lens multiple times
  • Tried scanning the empty material bin
  • Turning off my computer, internet, glowforge, and turning on multiple times in different orders

I’ve had this issue before when the glowforge was stuck in centering. My solution was to move the printer arm up and down a few times while it was off, and after turning it on, it started like usual. However, I have not been successful with this technique this time around.

Please help and I am not sure what else can I do.

Hello! @kirk.inocencio Thank you for trying all those troubleshooting steps for us. I have a good idea of the next steps here for this issue. At this point, I will be asking for some pictures of the Glowforge itself. Before I do that I just wanted to make sure you were comfortable with posting those pictures on here on the Forum. Otherwise, you can email support@glowforge.com with ATTN to Ray. I will leave the steps for you below for the photos we will be needing in this case.

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, please take a photo and attach it to your reply. Don’t try to adjust or reseat the cable until reaching back out to us.

Once I have those photos I will be happy to move forward with this problem :slight_smile:

Hello Ray,

Thanks for your response! Happy to provide the photos for your reference:

Hey @kirk.inocencio Thank you so much for taking the time to submit those pictures. The connections themselves look good. In this case, we will need to get a replacement part sent out to you. I just sent over an email with the next steps we need to take. I will go ahead and close this topic and let you know how we will proceed from email.