Stuck on calculating precision movement

Preparing to print appears to be stuck on a calculating precision movement.

I think that has to do with wifi connectivity…I’m just another user, but Support will be along soon to help, since posting here opens a support ticket. In the meantime, you could try running through these steps:

I guess that .005% is increasing. Guess we all got wifi issue. We should all get lottery tickets since we are so lucky…

Thank you however it appears WIFI is looking good,

Dont worry myself and many others are having these issues and they are trying to say its wifi and its on our end. Hopefully GF will find the issue soon and sort it out.

Dude, your LOGS say it’s wifi. Don’t muck up other people’s chances of getting their issues resolved just because you’re in denial. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes. Bummer. I just timed out.

Glowforges are very sensitive to wifi quality. The only way to eliminate it absolutely as the problem is to bypass it using a cell phone hotspot and see if you have the same issue. Your logs can also report wifi issues, but for that we have to wait for official support staff to get here and look at them. And even so they’ll ask you to run the hot spot test to verify, before moving on to the next step, so it would make sense to go ahead and do that to save time. :slight_smile:

LOL Im not in denial, Your just a fan boy of Glowforge and cant accept there is an issue. Logs are just that and could of recorded the low signal for any reason. I bet if they checked it now it will show a whole new number and will be different if they checked it again 10 minutes from now.

Pretty much what Im saying bud is go ahead and do the basic trouble shooting steps needed like resetting wifi etc (And go ahead and connect to a hotspot) but dont get upset if your still having issues. If I was a betting man I will still put money down there is an issue somewhere and they just havent found it yet.

I’m a fan of data, and not being fooled by irrelevant statistics. (Former electrical engineer, it’s just ingrained at this point.) Support told you your wifi connection is averaging -67 dBm and needs to be around -30 dBm for your machine to work properly. You measured it at -45 dBm and decided that means they’re wrong. That’s still a long way from -30.

And you should know in a PERFECT world getting close to -30dBm is close to IMPOSSIBLE with interface from Cell phones, other wireless devices and even microwaves.

BTW 2 more post just popped up with the SAME issue! Guess we are all lucky!

On any given day there are multiple people having this same issue. You’re just noticing them today because you’re having it too.

1 Like

Your right maybe 1 or 2 but not like this. I bet money tomorrow if the issue isnt resolved you will see a ton more post. If I am wrong I will fully admit in and eat crow, but this is not just a random few people thing. Like I said before maybe its not a full blown server issue like the past 2 days but a possible connection server that only the east coast is connected to. (Completely random guess with the server just using as example)

You don’t even have to wait. Set up a hotspot and see if the issue is still there. If so, I’ll be the one eating crow, and you’ll be a step closer to helping @MarcM get your issue resolved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same problem here

You’ll need to create your own post in Problems and Support – posting in this section opens a support ticket, and there can only be one customer per ticket. :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with preparing your print.

I extracted the logs from your printer and saw you were able to print since reaching out here. That’s great news!

Could you please let us know if you are still experiencing any trouble?

All good now. Thanks

That’s great news! Thank you for letting me know. I’m going to close this post.

Please reach back out if you have any more trouble. We’ll be happy to take a look.