Stuck on centering 9/15/19

Hello my Glowforge seems to be stuck on centering. I’ve wiped all lenses and I cannot see what the issue is. Where do I go for help?

Update: I got it to get to “ready” by reconnecting to my WiFi but now it’s going back to scanning.

Hey @nellie5317, if you’ve cleaned the lenses and reconnected the Wifi, the problem might be in one of the cables on the lid. (There have been a few issues with that on a batch that went out this year.) That can be changed out easily, and without having to replace the machine, but the Support team has to take a look at your machine logs to see if that’s the problem. As soon as they see your post they’ll let you know what the next steps are, but they’re the only ones who can tell for sure.

Thank you. I’m hoping someone updates soon. Thing is, if I gave the Glowforge specifically on the center it skips centering and will go to homing. But that’s a real pain to do every time I’m lasering. Hoping to get an update soon.

I’m so sorry you hit a snag.

As @Jules mentioned, the issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Let me know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.