Stuck on centering. Black cable?

I suspect that based on topics that are closed before resolutions are mentioned, i really have no idea. I have ordered one, if for nothing else just to have a spare on hand.

Thanks for the response. It doesn’t exhibit a constant lid open issue. Is there anything else you can suggest, perhaps the printhead ribbon cable?

Ok thanks for letting me know that.

1 Like

It would not hurt to look and see if the pins are in good order.

2 Likes

Quite some time ago I had what I thought might be a lid cable issue. It turned out to be my wifi dropping out…which is something that had never happened before in the 4 years I’ve had my machine.

6 Likes

If you are getting your clicking from the print head then you machine has been able to connect to wifi and it has been able to connect with your printhead. Your machine could certainly be dropping wifi right after connecting but I would try moving the print head and laser arm towards the center of the machine (with the machine off) and then power it on.

Thanks for the suggestion,. I gave it a try but no dice unfortunately.

Sounds very likely to be the black lid cable, although if you’ve already emailed support, they might be able to check logs to confirm.

It’s effectively a USB connection to the camera so issues communicating to that should show clearly in the logs. As you’ve already ordered one, if they confirm, it’ll be a quick fix.

Thanks. I’m hoping they can check the logs, just waiting on a response. Nothing yet from them since last Friday…

It could take a couple of weeks, the way things appear now.

Have you tried all the things on here?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve tried all of that. Connected with support today and they’re sending the lid cables. I’ll update once I replace them.

3 Likes

When you install them you need to be careful as the pulling on them as you will need to do to get the old one off would fatally damage it even if perfect before that. The adhesive bonds hard and instantly, more than any other I have used, I was very pleased but astonished when only playing with the clips that were not properly seated actually got the whole thing working.

1 Like

I wanted to come back and give an update on this issue. Support sent me the black lid cable which resolved the issue. From opening the support ticket to receiving the cable was 9 days. The cable was easy to install. I ordered an additional black lid cable as well as the white ribbon cable that rides in the gantry, just in case. Thanks for everyone’s suggestions! Hope this helps someone else down the road.

6 Likes

Thanks for reporting back.

When this forum was used by “official” support, they would close threads and move to email only, so we often didn’t get to see the resolution.

1 Like

Where did you get the white cable. Had someone ask me tonight about it.

Found it through a seller on Etsy.

Yes, found it. Guessing it was posted on Facebook which I don’t pay attention to. You are the second person tonight that I know of.

A strip or two (depending on width) of UHMW tape will prevent contact with the plate over the grey ribbon cable, eliminating wear.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.