Stuck on centering during power up

My refurbished replacement unit from the hinge issue was working fine until now.
It’s stuck in centering while scanning. I have restarted the machine a multiple times, and unplugged it once , restarted it , still stuck.

(Before each power up I moved the head back to the proper restart location)

Personally don’t think moving the head to the center or to the corner does anything. It used to help but S/W changed many months ago that seem to fix the original head position problems.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear you ran into trouble. I’ve investigated the logs and sensor readings from your Glowforge, and it appears that there has been some buildup of dust and residue on the camera. When the camera lens is dirty or obstructed in this way, it may cause calibration problems.

Could you please follow the steps located on our support page here for “Things That Need Wiping”? Additionally, make sure the top of the printer head with the Glowforge logo is clean and unobstructed. After thoroughly cleaning, please try again and let me know how it goes.

3 Likes

Cleaned lens and seems to be good to go. Why didn’t I think of that!

Thanks again.

3 Likes

Yay! I’m glad you’re up and running again.
Because of a couple times contacting support when the answer was “clean it,” cleaning is my first troubleshooting step.
90% of the time, that solves my issue.

3 Likes

The other 90% is checking my file :yum:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for letting me know! I’m glad to hear it, too. It’s true that cleaning is a step we will often suggest first, even after checking logs and sensor readings. One important thing that cleaning takes care of, besides removing debris or residue buildup, is ensuring that components are properly connected and positioned.

Please let us know if you run into any other trouble, and happy printing!