Stuck on centering, focusing, helllppp

It’s unfortunate we’re seeing more of this issue.

I wish support would post a more detailed “official” troubleshooting flowchart. A lot of the responses in this forum are from members who’ve been here a while and have compiled a list of standard responses to common issues.

I assume you’ve seen this: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/stuck-calibrating

Ya it’s not even 9 months old and i’m pretty careful opening the lid and not to overextend it.

Support is definitely lacking from GF’s side. It’s unfortunate indeed, especially since most of their customer base is largely based on the company is US based.

1 Like

I just got my glowforge this weekend and set it up tonight. I’ve done everything from cleaning, rebooting, resetting WiFi, etc. and it is stuck on centering! I’m so anxious to get this up and running for a few last minute Christmas orders. I’ve checked the connections around the camera and lid too-everything seems right! Any other remedies? This is a brand new machine and it is stuck on centering too!

Try all the things in this post: Stuck Centering/Focusing: How to Troubleshoot for potential Lid Cable issues before contacting Support 😲

If none of that works, you’ll need to open your own thread here in Problems and Support, since doing so opens a support ticket, and there can only be one customer per support ticket. :slight_smile:

Wow that sucks @tausha.

I started the thread and i got an email stating they’re replacing the black cable on the lid. Hopefully it comes in soon but i’d recommend doing the same. Keep an eye on your email since they want an address and phone number to ship the cable to.

Hope it works for you soon.

1 Like

Thank you for your help! I hope it helps!

Have you opened a thread here in Problems and Support? Since this opens a support ticket, and each support ticket is attached only to one customer, you’ll need to open your own thread to get your problem addressed. (If you’ve already emailed them, then you’ve opened a support ticket and don’t need to start another one here, as that just slows things down.)

I requested help but no resolve yet. I even connected my glowforge to my hotspot and I cannot get the machine to work. It just stay n centering for so long. I have yet to be able to use my brand new machine :frowning:

Just write in to support@glowforge.com or start a new thread and we will get to you as quickly as possible. You can also look here in the mean time to get you pointed in the right direction! https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/wi-fi

I see you already emailed us about this and we are working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.