Stuck on Centering

My GF worked perfectly yesterday, then turned it on today and it has been stuck on “centering” for hours. Followed all troubleshooting steps for when its stuck on calibrating and nothing has changed. Wifi is good and connected too.
Anybody else have this problem or any other suggestions.

I had the same thing happen to me. Here’s what i did to resolve it:
(First, power down the unit)

1. Clean the camera lense on the lid
  2. Clean the top of the head (make sure the Glowforge logo is clearly visible)
  3. Adjust any lighting in the room - (if its too bright, it may cause problems)
  4. Move the head (GF off) to the upper left corner.
  5. Remove all material in the bed.
  6. Check to make sure you have no small cut pieces in the bed, gantry, etc.
  7. Turn on the GlowForge, and let it run.

If it continues in centering or homing, let it run for about 20 minutes (if necessary), and if it stays in that situation, turn it off for a few minutes and restart, repeating the non-cleaning steps.

One other thing is to check the cable connections - some others have reported loose connections may have an impact - if you continue to have the problem, search the forum for cable / ribbon connections, and try to make sure they are all secure.

It took me three cycles over about an hour, but I was able to successfully get it working after that.

Hope this helps you.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.