Stuck on focusing... again

My GF basic is stuck on “focusing”. I have cleaned the GF, reset my wifi, disconnected power to the GF, wifi, and computer then restrated everything. Nothing works and it is still showing the finished print from last night on my screen which is no longer in the bed of the GF. The head is also not moving during any of this. I have sent an email but wanted to post here as well because it seems to get faster help this way.

Actually it slows things down to do both (see pinned post on this section).

While you’re waiting, here’s a list of stuff to try: Stuck Centering/Focusing: How to Troubleshoot for potential Lid Cable issues before contacting Support 😲

1 Like

yea that’s actually the thread I followed first and did all of those steps.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the exact same issue. Saturday it would be stuck on “scanning” after each and every print. I’d have to turn off/on for it to work again. As of yesterday, even turning it on won’t allow it to center anymore. Sent an email as well, followed all instructions I could find, without success. :frowning:

let me know if you find a solution!

so I just cleaned EVERYTHING I possibly could then turned it on with the lid still open and its back up and running!

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear that you were able to narrow down the trouble! We’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge, and it looks like you’ve been printing since contacting us. Thats great :slight_smile:

I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to open a new one, or reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com

1 Like