Stuck on focusing barely used plus out of warranty march 21

unfortunately i got the stuck on focusing issue and tried resetting and configuring router and reconnecting wifi to glowforge after moving router directly on top of and beside unit… i don’t know what to do as i don’t currently have the funds to ship and repair unit. I’m at a loss and am still waiting on a reply from support. if theres any other things i can do please let me know. thank you

Here’s a list of things to try:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the link. I checked through everything on the list and still no luck but when i hear from support I will tell them I everything I checked to hopefully speed up the process. thank you again.

2 Likes

You will hear from them here, since posting in this section opens a new support ticket, so go ahead and post what you’ve done to save time. They’ll close this and continue via your original email conversation, but at least you’ll be that far ahead of the game.

I don’t know if it’s made that list yet, but when you open your lid does the Web app say “lid open?” We’ve kind of come to the conclusion of late that if your GF and wifi are talking to each other properly, it should do that.

2 Likes

Yes I do get the lid open in the app, then as soon as closing the lid it goes back to focusing and stays on focusing.

I currently have checked all cables to make sure they are secure I’ve tried every recommended WiFi reconnect, have cleaned all lenses. Do not have any material in the tray. Have turned off machine and centered head under lid camera. And double checked everything so far. Thank you again

2 Likes

I’m sorry about the ongoing trouble. I saw the email you sent us about this, and we’ve responded there with next steps, so I’m going to close this topic.