Stuck on loading to print

I have searched and seen that this has happened to other people as well. I didn’t see an answer, just support closed the thread and emailed them. I have let it sit for nearly 45 minutes while it spins and says “preparing to print”. I also had an issue with it cutting all the way through last week on a big project that i had to redo 5x. I chalked it up to a bad piece of wood. I cleaned my machine and that didn’t help. any other tricks?

Until official support gets here, can you load and open other prints than the one you are currently stuck loading? If so, it could be your file. As for not cutting through, if it isn’t Proofgrade material than support will not weigh in. When things don’t cut as planned, it can be the material, the fact that the material is not perfectly flat against the honeycomb tray, dirty optics, or dirty fans or a combination of these factors.

1 Like

Hello! @mdicastro15 I am very sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with the web app as well as the cut-through. I’ll do my best to get this resolved for you. Can you send me a screenshot of the message you are seeing when it gets stuck after loading up a design? Also, does this only happen with a particular design?

In regards to the cut through trouble you are seeing, There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

• If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

Once you reply back with those photos I will be more than happy to help with next steps! Thank you!

Hi! I actually haven’t gotten a chance to try the suggestions. I’m planning to tonight!

Sent from my iPhone

Hello! I got my machine up abs running! It must have been the file! Thank you!
Sent from my iPhone

I’m so glad to hear you found the cause of the trouble and things are working well again. That is great news! Thank you for letting us know.

Since the trouble is resolved, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. Please don’t hesitate to reach out again should you need anything. We’re happy to help!