Stuck on Preparing print, loading design

Hello,

I am pretty new to the GF community. I am trying to make multi layer stencils for my spray paint art. I have broken my photo into 4 pc stencil. I am using SVG files for cutting. I am having problems loading my images. I have to trick the system with adding a different image (one I am not trying to make at the moment). Then it sometimes gets the Glowforge to do what I want with the other image. It keeps getting stuck on preparing your print, loading your design. When I have gotten it to work it is a pretty quick job, not sure what the hang up is. I have been working on safari but just downloaded and tried chrome to see if that happened to make a difference. It did not. Only been able to print 2 out of 4. Been working on this for a few days now.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kita

Sorry that this question has languished for such a long time.

Is it only these stencil files that are giving you trouble? If you load the Gift of Good Measure, does that go ok up to the point of flashing white print button?

I can’t understand why loading a different image would trick another one into working. Not sure I understand your work flow.

How big and complicated are the images? Lots of nodes? Big size? That can sometimes cause issues.

What material are you using?

What is your design program?

This is most often because the art is too complicated to be completed before the Forge would overheat. If you upload the images someone here can probably help out

Hello @zakitarose, I am sorry you had issues with your designs! I see that you emailed in about this as well and we followed up with you there. Did the steps that my colleague sent over help you get your designs to work? If not, please let me know and we will look into this further.

Continuing the discussion from Stuck on Preparing print, loading design:

Hi there!

I kept trying it. Not doing anything different and now it’s working. I am not sure what was going on but I am all set now. Thank you all for the feedback on

I’m so glad you got it resolved, @zakitarose! I’m going to close this thread. If you encounter any other trouble, please start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.