Stuck on Scanning after opening lid

I see there are others who have had this problem. Some resolved, others had to be replaced.

After a normal print, I lift the lid to insert a new piece of material, close the lid and the GFUI indicates Scanning… but stays that way. My only workaround is to shut the GF off for a bit, turn it back on and let it run all it’s initial diagnostics, then I’m good to go… for one more print. Problem returns each time.
I’ve checked the lid ribbon cable connections, cleaned the lenses, checked Wifi, and basically followed all recommendations suggested to other users. Is there (hopefully) a fix I’ve not yet read about? I’m full on in the middle of large Christmas order! Yikes!

1 Like

I have had the same issue from time to time found out it’s a slow internet connection. I thought it was their server until i tried another website on the computer it was slow too. I then check my wifi and it was running great. It rectified itself in about an hour…

When a print is done, wait for about 30 seconds until you see a single flash of the white Start Print button before you open the lid. If you interrupt the commands that are getting sent to GF headquarters, you can wind up hanging up the process more times than not. (Not sure if that’s what the issue is here, but I’ve sure done it when I got into too much of a hurry in the past.)

Thanks for the quick replies/suggestions. I’ll try a different Wifi connection. After further observation, I now realize the eternal Scanning thing occurs after each print – even if I do not open the lid at all.
Update: Wifi switch made no difference. I’m showing full strength Wifi. Ugh.

1 Like

Yea, it does it every time after every job. My WiFI was at full strength too, but the connection to the other web sites on the net were really slow…

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like