Stuck on scanning/centering/focus with no movement

I have tried everything. Cleaned everything. Done everything. I’m at a loss. The laser head will not move at all no matter what I do.

Make sure you have run through all the tests described here, and let support know the results. Might be the lid cable, but you need to rule out everything else.

I saw your post in other topics and still cannot seem to get it to work even after all the extra steps from your list unfortunately. Made sure to look at every single resource before resorting to writing in the community post.

Okay, then you need to just wait to hear from Support. (They will have to look at your logs, that’s all we can do.)

Thank you. I was hoping there may have been an option I missed. I was praying it wouldn’t be something I needed replaced. I appreciate the help though!

No prob! Good luck!

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue with centering/focusing. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace your black lid cable. I’ll need some personal information so I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details.

I just got my glowforge and it is stuck on focusing. If I would of knonw I was going to have so many issues, I wouldn’t of ordered this. I have had for over 2 weeks with so many issues already.

why I see so many people have the same problem all at the same time. I had no problem all this time.until couple days ago. my machine is doing the same thing .

Because cables wear out.

You need to open your own thread if you want help from support, they can only assist one owner per ticket.

i was just saying I already getting help

Hi @landon_punch, we have sent you a separate email with next steps for this issue, so I’m going to close this topic.