One of my machines (Glowsundheit) seems to be stuck on scanning/centering after turning it on and after the lid is opened and closed (pretty much after each print).
Here are the troubleshooting steps I have done after looking through the forum:
- cleaned all 3 of the laser lenses
- cleaned the lid lens and top of the laser head
- turned the Glowforge on and off several times, unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds before turning it back on, etc.
- checked cables on lid (4 cable clips and made sure clips were locked in)
- reconnected it to the wifi, changed channels and Glowforge is less than 5ft away from the main access point
- moved the laser head to the center before turning on (this did work for a while then stopped working in the last 24-48 hours)
Welcome to the forum!
The support team wants one problem per ticket so you should make your own post here in problems and support with the problem description. That will generate a support ticket for your case.
It helps them if you can include the date/time and time zone of when a problem occurs so they can find it in the machine logs.
@violettatalley, same for your issue. (Wow! That stall sign you made came out beautifully!)
I’m sorry, but I thought my post above described everything and what I did to troubleshoot, also saying that it has been happening mostly in the last 24-48 hours. Did I miss something else?
No, I’m sorry. I missed the time you gave.
No worries…just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything. I just hope it’s a simple fix (crossing fingers)!!!
Thanks for letting us know about this, and I appreciate you taking the time to do some initial troubleshooting. Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I’ll be following up shortly via email with next steps.