Stuck on Scanning!

Hi Community!

I know this seems to be a common problem, but I haven’t been able to find the right solution from reading past post topics.

I have two glowforge machines at the childrens makerspace I run. One is working great, but the second is stuck on “SCANNING”. When the lid is open, it says “lid open,” however once closed, it goes right back to SCANNING. The bed image will not refresh and is showing something we traced over a week ago. We have checked connections, reset the wifi connections on the machine, power down and back on, with no change. When the machine is initially powered on, it does not move at all to center/home/calibrate.

Any ideas how I might be able to resolve this?

Thanks,

Em

Yep. Could be a couple of things.

It might be stuck because a signal was being sent while your Wifi experienced a blip. To clear that, turn off both machines. Reboot the router and the computer, then turn the router back on and let it come up to speed. Then the computer. Then turn on the problem machine and let it run through the startup calibration completely. See if that unsticks it.

If that doesn’t work, it might be a failed lid cable and the support staff needs to look at the machine logs to see it. Let them know which machine it was. (By name.)

4 Likes

Hi @enowlin I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.