Stuck preparing your print

Man things are glitchy today! Now I’m stuck on ‘preparing your print’. I’ve printed the same thing all day but now it’s throwing a fit. It finally just said ‘print stopped’ and ‘unable to complete the print’ What’s going on? I can see that some others had a similar issue earlier this year in February but I didn’t see a solution. Anyone else having this problem?

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

I extracted the logs to investigate the problem you reported, and the logs indicate you’re having Air Assist Alerts.

If you haven’t seen it yet, the first thing to check out is this page: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/reseat-printer-head

If that doesn’t resolve the issue for you, please send post or send some pictures of:

• the pins on the bottom of the print head

• the pads on the carriage plate the pins connect to

• The back of the print head, specifically the thing wire just to the left of the tiny fan

We’ll follow up with next steps.

Hey @alicia1,

Just following up. Have you had a chance to try the troubleshooting steps?

We had an additional tip this week, where one customer found that the large magnets they were using to hold their material down was causing the Air Assist Alert, and removing the magnets from the bed resolved the issue for them.

Please let us know, we’re here to help!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.