Stuff to Engrave on Pencils

I suppose a ruler pencil is too obvious.

3 Likes

LOVE that one. My grandsons would love it, I think.

1 Like

A couple of original quotes by yours truly.

You are what you think you are ! A. Voliva

Dream big, your mind is one cell in the mind of God !

If you want something done right, lead the charge !

4 Likes

Good quote! :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve always found Rollo May’s version to be a perfect fit for my inner awkward teenager’s view of things:

“I am not who I think I am. I am not who you think I am. I am who I think you think I am.”

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Reflected appraisal! (It’s an interesting construct that Rollo May sums up nicely.)

Reflected appraisal is a term used in psychology to describe a person’s perception of how others see and evaluate him or her. The reflected appraisal process concludes that people come to think of themselves in the way they believe others think of them (Mead, 1934; Cooley, 1902; Sullivan, 1947). This process has been deemed important to the development of a person’s self-esteem, especially because it includes interaction with people outside oneself,[1] and is considered one of the main influences on the development of self-concept.[2]

2 Likes

Happy Cakeday! :slightly_smiling_face::confetti_ball::tada::balloon:

1 Like

Happy Cakeday @rebecca!

1 Like

Thanks! I just noticed the slice. I guess I’ve been stalking the joint for 3 years now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

put math formulas or chemistry formulas like a test “cheat” pencil. Or
a- TRUE
b-TRUE
c-FALSE

3 Likes

Video game health meter that runs down as the pencil is used.

2 Likes

A memory is no substitute for a conversation… Bob

1 Like

Happy day of the Cake, Rebecca!

1 Like

That would actually look cool on a pencil too as long as you sharpen the “ecca” off all at one time :smiley:

2 Likes

Here…@.hansepe…I just did these for you, even though I can’t physically hand one to you. I loved your idea and given your occupation, I thought they were especially fitting. In lieu of being able to give one to you, I’m sure my grandsons will like them.

Even though they turned out OK and ‘snapped to’ as hoped, something didn’t come out quite right…the words ‘blast off’ were not supposed to be so close to the ferrule. It made it…but just by a hair. That will be something I’ll want to figure out for a next time.

18 Likes

They look great!

I’ve been resisting doing pencils, but… :rocket:

4 Likes

Those are coolest! (Especially for rocket scientists…might need to borrow the idea for another friend who happens to be one…he’d get a real chuckle.) :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Very nice ! You could have reversed the “Blast off ship” so ship point touching ferrel… Blast off… last off … t Off… Off… :rocket:

5 Likes

I think that’s a great idea. Take note, Jules!

2 Likes

That’s why I thought it so apropos that he suggested it!

2 Likes