Stylish Leather Arches Handbag - kind of a problem

Hey there I want to say this bag is super cute and I cant wait to sew it. I already cut one for assembly.

My problem is that there are two optional carry straps… those pieces are at the top of the file. However, if you ungroup the pieces to not cut the long strap, it takes away the cutting line for piece D which you need for the sides of the bag.

I am not sure if the designer is in here but if they could make it a separate piece that would be great.

3 Likes

In the meantime you can add a single cut line to the file using the Insert Line Tool in the Insert Shapes Palette.

3 Likes

I will try that after I stitch my sample for the class… I am never really successful connecting lines like this… I would usually just make a rectangle and then the stitching slots…

Hold down the Shift key while you are dragging it to constrain it to the horizontal. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks I will try that!

3 Likes

Whenever I use the GF to make leather skirts I trace the design onto the leather and use the trace function to cut it out. Just as an other option to keep in mind :slight_smile: Excited to see the purse!

3 Likes

This is a design that is in the catalog … I am interested in seeing your skirts…

Ah, then yes, I guess tracing on the fabric would not be an option. I have not tried any catalog stuff but thats cool they they have purses!

I post a lot of my sewing glowforged stuff to IG: Login • Instagram

I am working on some new fall designs with leather now.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with the Stylish Leather Arches Handbag design.

Our team is currently investigating this and will update you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, would you let us know if the workaround @jules provided allows you to complete the print?

I did not do this work around. I cut the file as is I get back to try it in a few days… But I think you guys should do a better job of checking these files. The stitch pony is also not too good as there are large gaps where the connectors should fit. Its almost impossible to to a kerf measurement on that…

Thank you for following up with me @curvygirlsarechic ! I’ve downloaded the same file to reproduce the issue, and I’m not experiencing the same trouble.

Could you try resetting the design file by clicking on the three-dot icon, then Design Details, and choosing “Reset Design” to remove all changes and try again?

With that being said, ungrouping this file creates lots of individual items that are difficult to maneuver. It appears that the workaround would be the steps outlined by @Jules.

With that being said, I’m going to forward your feedback and frustrations along to our team to take into consideration with future design files.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.