I decided I wanted to play with some wood on the laser at work. They have an Epilog and I’ve been using it to proof of concept the techniques I think that will benefit me when I have the glowforge at home. (Can’t come soon enough!)
Anyway - to cut to the chase… the finished product
Designed in Illustrator and made things well known colors where I wanted to change up speed and power. I used 0,0,0 100,0,0 255,0,0 0,100,0, 0,255,0 as my well known colors.
Iterated multiple times on the printer settings and landed on these:
and the rest is history. I think I’ll play with doing various combinations of burning through painters tape and black spray paint.