Succesful stainless steel flask engraving / marking!

Those are really nice! Would you mind sharing your settings for that particular flask from amazon? Thanks!

1 Like

This is the link for the flasks, I order 6 at a time: https://www.amazon.com/YWQ-Liquor-Stainless-Leakproof-Funnel/dp/B07JFVDNF6/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=black+flask&qid=1557588483&s=gateway&sr=8-3

The settings are similar to the original post and I’ve adjusted them to put the material as the iphone 7 silver. Although I set the speed to 600 vice 1000, but the rest are the same. I’m getting ready to put another flask in this morning only using cermark that I bought at http://www.engraversnetwork.com since the price was $20 less than amazon.

7 Likes

600 speed/100 power and 270 lpi work really well on these flasks! (Just wipe with some isopropyl alcohol when it’s done to get rid of the black residue).

Thanks everyone for the inspiration and info!

20 Likes

i have pushed the speed to 700 at full power on a pro with good results.

3 Likes

I run it at 600/100 with 450 lpi and it comes out nice. I’ve done some that have a gloss finish and they’ve come out nice as well

2 Likes

So last night was my first go at doing a flask

I will be trying again for sure with some of the above settings you all seem to be using to get amazing results. Do you all just use “set focus” to get the height?

Thanks!

set focus? yes

1 Like

I figured as much, just wanted to double check. Thank you

So the amazon reviews on these flasks say that they’re prone to chipping. Anyone seen that? Would hate to go down this path only to find out that the matte coat is barely hanging on.

I made a bunch but they have not seen much action. Thus far, no issues, but not a true test

I haven’t seen chipping, but they aren’t particularly high quality flasks. The 6 that I have worked with don’t really stand up. The bottom must be slightly bulbous.

If you don’t mind sharing, what you use to design and develop the print work. Thank you

Does it actually feel like engraving? Or is it smooth to the touch?

Quick question why are we removing the crumb tray?

Its not a smooth feeling but it doesn’t feel like a metal engraving either. It has a slight raised feel to it.

The flask are too thick to lay on the tray directly. The small fan housing would hit the flask while passing over it.

1 Like

so I would assume we need to lift it up so the camera can focus… whats a good height?

@kittski has a great diagram that explains it here:

4 Likes

I don’t remember at the moment, but I originally started this post and I believe I posted that somewhere in my mini tutorial if you will (for lack of a better term), Lol.

I removed the crumb tray and used one 1" thick melomine piece of wood and one 3/4" thick (both are pretty squared).