Suddenly stuck on centering and/or scanning

Machine was turned on (not in use for an hour or two), when changing materials UI got stuck on “scanning”. After refresh and power cycle, it got stuck on “centering” (hasn’t moved). If I refresh the browser it then shows stuck on “scanning”. Bed image won’t update. Any ideas?

Start here: Stuck Centering/Focusing: How to Troubleshoot for potential Lid Cable issues before contacting Support 😲

5 Likes

Thank you, restarting the router (and/or leaving the GF off for a couple hours) seems to have gotten her unstuck and out of the loop. Thanks for pointing me at the troubleshooting post!

5 Likes

I’m so sorry you hit a snag. It sounds like the trouble may have resolved for the moment. If this happens again, please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

Let us know if are still having trouble and we will follow up with your next step.

I’m having same issue.

Try these things: Stuck Centering/Focusing: How to Troubleshoot for potential Lid Cable issues before contacting Support 😲

If none of that fixes it, you’ll want to open a new thread here in Problems and Support. (Since each post opens a support ticket, and each support ticket can only have one owner, you need your own thread.)

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.