Sunflower problems

The trouble i am have is the file does not want to print i have changed the picture to black & white but still won’t print. Any Ideas. I use adobe photoshop to adjust the file but i am still learning that. I am not use it yet, I am changing gears from CAD Drafter to Graphics Desginer which is not really the same as most people think it is.

Thank you.

What problem are you having with it? That looks like a raster image that should engrave, although bumping the contrast on the sunflower will give a better looking result.

There is a “How To” for Photoshop here that might help:

Save that as a PNG file and you can drag that straight into the Glowforge Dashboard for engraving.

I got the teal light about 45 seconds into it and i was just doing a test run because they will be on wood business cards. So I am just fine tuning for it before I start the cards.

The teal light is a signal broadcast used once during setup…I’m not sure what it means when it happens in the middle of a print. Did the print stop?

(I think you’ll need to talk to support about it.)

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve running into. Has this snag only occurred on the file you posted on the thread, or multiple files?

Were you able to work through some of the advice @Jules provided previously?

I noticed that you mentioned a teal light occurring during the print. The teal light normally indicates that your Glowforge is attempting to work through the setup process for connecting to your Wi-Fi network. Are you still experiencing this same behavior?

Once we can confirm these details, we’ll send over the next best steps.

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

I extracted the logs to investigate the problem you reported, and I found that print had JUST started (it was less than 1 second into the print) when the Glowforge rebooted.

I’d like to take a look at the logs on your unit to see if we can learn more.

Would you do the following to help us troubleshoot?

1. Reboot your Glowforge and wait about 30 seconds
  2. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
  3. Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
  4. Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
  5. A .zip file should download to your computer
  6. Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to support@glowforge.com

Please let me know if you run into any difficulty with these steps.

After that, I’d love for you to try the print again and let me know how it comes out, or if you have the same trouble.

Thanks!

I have not been able to get back to that project yet. I have been helping a different customer with building their tiny house. I probably won’t get back to it tell next week.

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date. I’ll make sure we keep this thread open a little longer, and wait until we’ve heard back. Let us know if you have any questions working through the instructions I sent over previously.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.