I’m so sorry for the trouble.
I extracted the logs to investigate the problem you reported, and I found that print had JUST started (it was less than 1 second into the print) when the Glowforge rebooted.
I’d like to take a look at the logs on your unit to see if we can learn more.
Would you do the following to help us troubleshoot?
- Reboot your Glowforge and wait about 30 seconds
- Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
- Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
- Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
- A .zip file should download to your computer
- Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to email@example.com
Please let me know if you run into any difficulty with these steps.
After that, I’d love for you to try the print again and let me know how it comes out, or if you have the same trouble.