Sunrise Samurai (Experiment in Canvas)

Wow, really beautiful result! Thank You for sharing I have some small canvases (canvi ?) that I was just going to burn a dark images into. Now maybe I have other things to try.

6 Likes

Very cool use of the Glowforge. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Love that!

2 Likes

This implies that a single female canva and a male canvus, and a group of feminine canvae.

Thanks, I hate it.

5 Likes

I find this simply AMAZING! Since I got my Glowforge I have gone constantly used the forum and found so many things I would really like to try. Now one more to add to my list.
Thanks to all the have posted here.

3 Likes

Wow and double wow, what an effect. With your own photo, could you make some art that would sell at art shows?

4 Likes

That is so cool!! Can’t wait to see what else you make with this technique. Not that I think about it, I have some blank canvases, and some spray paint. . . .

4 Likes

And I did need to take this opportunity to check out the origin of canvas.

Root of cannabis=hemp. The more you know.

7 Likes

That is gorgeous!!

1 Like

Where is this secret place of Beyond the Manual you speak of? I’m new and never heard of it.

3 Likes

5 Likes

It’s the category where we can talk about settings. Given that we are toying with the captured rage of a powerful fire demon, there are a number of legal considerations when saying “Put these settings into your machine.” rather than having to make a disclaimer on each post, Glowforge limits these discussions to Beyond the Manual. It’s a smart way to say use with caution.

4 Likes

Also accessed here:
Help

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Stunning results for a first try. I’ve got to try this technique. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Did you use a certain kind of paint

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
If you read the entire thread, you will discover that the OP mentions Rustoleum from Home Depot.

5 Likes

Would it more sense to first paint a black layer then apply the color on top?
that way you don’t have to invert the mask and since you are not revealing the color from underneath, it will stay vibrant, and black will naturally stay black.

You (in theory) should get a much more vibrant and colorful image like that.

1 Like

Not a bad idea. I kind of like the look of the muted colors for some things. I would be interested to see if having bits of color in the black vs bits of black in the color will look.

Right now I am still experimenting at this point but it’s been so much fun to play with.

2 Likes

I’m going to try your idea…I’ve been ‘fiddling’ around with this for the past two days.