Sunrise Samurai (Experiment in Canvas)

The canvas is too thick to back light. It’s a standard art panel, not stretched on a frame (which would be really cool to try)

5 Likes

Stunning result! :star_struck:
Were you surprised at how well that came out? Occasionally an effort results in product that far exceeds your vision. There is a deep joy in that. :sunglasses:

I agree the defocus in the depth of field comes through perfectly on the foreground grass! Great work man.

8 Likes

I was. It really was one of those “I wonder what would happen if I…” kind of things. The more the engrave appeared, the more excited I got. That Samurai is such a beautiful image to work with.

9 Likes

I can imagine the thrill watching the image appear.

6 Likes

Wow! This is amazing! I’ve had several of those little canvas boards sitting around forever…I am inspired.

8 Likes

I know right? How could you not be?!

4 Likes

That is just awesome! I would have never thought of that technique.

4 Likes

Love it!! What paint did you use?

1 Like

It’s all just rustolium from Home Depot.

5 Likes

Wow, really beautiful result! Thank You for sharing I have some small canvases (canvi ?) that I was just going to burn a dark images into. Now maybe I have other things to try.

6 Likes

Very cool use of the Glowforge. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Love that!

2 Likes

This implies that a single female canva and a male canvus, and a group of feminine canvae.

Thanks, I hate it.

5 Likes

I find this simply AMAZING! Since I got my Glowforge I have gone constantly used the forum and found so many things I would really like to try. Now one more to add to my list.
Thanks to all the have posted here.

3 Likes

Wow and double wow, what an effect. With your own photo, could you make some art that would sell at art shows?

4 Likes

That is so cool!! Can’t wait to see what else you make with this technique. Not that I think about it, I have some blank canvases, and some spray paint. . . .

4 Likes

And I did need to take this opportunity to check out the origin of canvas.

Root of cannabis=hemp. The more you know.

7 Likes

That is gorgeous!!

1 Like

Where is this secret place of Beyond the Manual you speak of? I’m new and never heard of it.

3 Likes

5 Likes