Super Glowforge survives battle with the Brown Menace! Kryptonian technology comes through for truth, justice, and the Maker Way!

I feel like I need a sad emoji next to the heart for like to express sympathy now.

2 Likes

Well I really happy that it survived that type of abuse.
Hopefully your errors are just a temporary issue.

1 Like

The stupid result of this is that UPS is going to get extra cash out of all this, because if anyone wants to prevent this on return items, it would be cheaper for someone at Glowforge to courier a flat-pack exterior box to account for the courier’s own incompetence.

1 Like

Are you able to print something from the catalogue, or re-print the ruler? It could be an issue with the designs you’ve uploaded (although that would be rather unlucky to get two in a row that don’t work) and you can rule out that possibility if the catalog designs also fail to print.

2 Likes

Are you trying the ‘pre-canned’ designs in your design library? Or are you trying to use something you uploaded?

Time for them to switch to reinforced strapping tape.

1 Like

I’ve taken a bmp that was 400dpi, 15x8.5 inches. Black and white rasterred.

I tried the same graphic in its grayscale 72dpi form.

I’ve tried one of my tile plate designs which are svg format and only contain line cuts.

Still get the same nondescript error

So you’re having issues with the files your are uploading? No the pre-loaded designs?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully :glowforge: get a more descriptive error on their end!

Just tried the hex coasters. No go. Same error.

@Sawa you are making ME feel like I have good luck! I’m so sorry to hear all this is happening, I’m sure it will all work out. hang in there!

4 Likes

Can you get some screen shots of the layout, just before you get the error and the actual error display?

1 Like

Can’t even print another ruler. ;_;

Go back to the design page. The power cycle the unit. Wait for it to come back up and load and run any one of the pre-loaded designs.

4 Likes

When in doubt, reboot. :wink:

3 Likes

Also, make sure you email support of what’s going on. Even if we get it working.

1 Like

Reboot isn’t helping with any of my uploaded designs. I loaded the hex coasters again and that finally agreed to cut. I tried adding an image to engrave to give those coasters a pattern too, and it looks like that’s finally going.

Waiting to find out why none of the other things won’t print.

Pick a simple design of yours that won’t work and forward it to one of the Pre-Release owners. (I’m not at home right now.)

1 Like

Right.Just focusing on making sure the unit itself is working hence the request to try the preloaded designs. If it having an issue with something loaded, then the UI is having an issue with the file. If you want you can post the SVG here and I can take a look at it,

2 Likes

What kind of image were you trying to add? If it was a vector file (SVG) it won’t work.

Try adding a jpg image, or a png file.

1 Like