Surprisingly paid off the glowforge :)

Its been a while since I last posted, but my little side project has picked up some steam. Sold 12 of these over the last 3 months and I am working on another 3 already. Lucky enough to pay off the glowforge and then some. I have learned quite a bit integrating photoshop and illustrator into glowforge, as well as cutting acrylic with color backgrounds. Hit me up if you guys are doing the same, be fun to share ideas. Ill be integrating some 3D prints and LEDs with future projects, I think the combination will be awesome.

211 Likes

WOW, Nice work!

5 Likes

Beautiful work

4 Likes

Wow. These are wonderful! And I mean that literally. They are, in fact, full of wonders.

Can you talk about your process here? Are you drawing elements and putting them together into these collages? Or finding images online and building these? Or what? Seems like no matter where you look there’s some other little detail there! Really incredible.

9 Likes

These are absolutely exquisite! Looks like you did a lot of graphic work to make it so. Congrats on making it pay for you!

6 Likes

You are doing incredible work! Congrats on paying it off :tada:

4 Likes

Thanks. I find some images online if I can, and if nothing is available Ill find something close and illustrate it digitally. I use photoshop to combine it all and measure it out, as well as adjust the contrast and brightness (black and white levels seem to work best for engraving). Here is an example of one I’m in the process of…

35 Likes

Jeez… So ambitious!

2 Likes

Incredible. Thanks for sharing your process too.

1 Like

I really like your work. Very inspiring.

1 Like

All of these are fantastic!

1 Like

Impressive!

1 Like

Lots of detail, great work.

1 Like

Really nice! Well done!

1 Like

Amazing

2 Likes

Be sure to tag @bailey on that…it’s the kind of news they love to feature!

Great job on them! :grinning:

4 Likes

Surprisingly? Ha! Beautiful work from concept to execution.

3 Likes

Interesting, beautiful, and inspiring art!

1 Like

These are fantastic! Not even my style, but I TOTALLY appreciate them. I can see every bit of work that goes into them.

3 Likes

Wow, amazing work

1 Like