SVG loads but doesn't print

I have an SVG file made in Inkscape with a number of counters. Everything prints fine except for the design in the upper left (as well as all the copies of that art like the two on the upper right.)

The Cultist art prints very, very lightly or not at all.

I’ve tried comparing the object to the other objects in the file, but I can’t find what the difference is.

Arkham Horror Tokens Set

Same thing happens with row 5 column 4?

Yes, the cultist symbol in row 6 column 4 was copied and pasted. It also does not print.

I had that happen to an svg with 3 words of text from Illustrator - outlined and merged as compound paths. One of the 3 words didn’t cut even though it showed up in the GUI as if it was going to, and was part of the same layer/color/etc. as the other two words!

Curious to see the results of this thread…

2 Likes

Duplicate engraves right on top of each other for those tokens. (Same engrave duplicated right on top of itself.)

Just Ungroup and delete one of the two. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know about this. I’m sorry your design isn’t printing the way you expect. I’ll take a look.

I took a look at your file in design software and noticed that the designs that aren’t printing well have two layers that overlap. Your Glowforge won’t print overlapping vector designs. I’d suggest removing one of the layers and trying the print again.

Please let me know if this helps!

3 Likes

Removing the duplicated images fixed the problem. Thank you!

2 Likes