SVGs to share

I’m going through some of my old SVG files and found a few design elements to share. Not sure if/how they will translate into cutting files, but maybe someone can use them. (A few of the SVG images don’t show well so I attached a jpg view.)

37 Likes

You can edit the post to add the files…up to a week. Click the little pencil icon. It might be hiding in the three dots.

2 Likes

We can’t delete topics but Dan can. Stick some files in there and change the title. Trying to upload SVGs or what? If SVG makes sure that the file dimensions as shown in the markup get a couple extra zeros added to them so the image is big enough to see. Don’t know why they always are but in at such crazy small dimensions.

5 Likes

Or you can Zip the SVGs before uploading.

1 Like

Well now I’m really interested in what I’m supposed to be ignoring.

But since I don’t know what that is, I’ll just take the moment to share this photo of Barbra Streisand’s house: :grin:

16 Likes

Yea, I just did that on another thread. Somehow discourse was turning the file into just a black circle… :confounded:

The black circle is a function of how the file was created. Henry’s did the same thing.

I’ll write a little something up on the other thread.

I spent 20 minutes trying to upload SVG files :-/ I’ll give this a try!

It’s like fight club; I can’t talk about what you are to ignore. Just rest assured it’s best to ignore it for your own good. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Seriously Jules, I spent 20 minutes trying to get SVG files to show up. I even had a glass of wine to clear my head and still couldn’t get them loaded correctly.

1 Like

9 Likes

Had something posted and now I deleted it. Good job. This is nice! Now you change the topic to something like: Posting an SVG of an acorn

1 Like

You’re a friggin hero!! Where were you last night when I sat here thinking more wine would make the SVGs appear somehow. The wine didn’t fix my upload issue, but it made me not really care any more lol.

***For those uploading SVG files, just add a few zeros to the height and width in the link and it’s makes the image visible. Add them here >>> "width=“800” height=“1100” <<<

9 Likes

@jbv did some troubleshooting on this recently. Here’s a link to his post:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your generous gift to the community!

Did you want this thread deleted or moved? I couldn’t tell what you wished.

Thanks Dan, I think I got it sorted out and the files uploaded correctly so no need to delete it. If it goes somewhere else, feel free to move it though.

2 Likes

Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you for the beautiful art–I love it!

2 Likes

Wow. These a great. Love the thistle and the trout is very useful. I have been working on vectorizing a photo of a trout. I have a few family members who really fish a lot. I myself just go to the freezer when I need them. Somehow the Lord supplies, as this topic did just now!:fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

I would LOVE for someone to figure out a way to use the trout, even if it needs to be modified. That thing was a labor of love that took me hours to get right. Glad to hear you you were in the market for one :slight_smile: