Swirlend tray

J’hésitait a lui répondre en francais, mais vu que tu as brisé la glace… :slight_smile:
Oui bravo! Tes créations sont sans pareil! J’aspire a creer des choses semblable quand je recevrai mon GF

I want to see more of your work!

4 Likes

Man, when you post these I have the strongest urge to fire up the glowforge! Thanks for that. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

one of the things i appreciate about what you did here (beyond the “beautiful design” part) is how it maximizes the value of the nicer, more expensive pieces of wood. using the wenge as more of an accent, with the contrast really punching off of that maple. contrast of both color and texture.

5 Likes

Tray magnifique! (see what I did there…)
Stunning, as usual!

10 Likes

Ugh, I hate it when a great pun occurs to me but has already been used!

Great work! (Yeah, you don’t know if I’m talking about the tray or the pun… Deal with it.)

7 Likes

Thanks, when I mix exotics and more common woods I tend to make the more common wood the dominant species, for this very reason. This overall design language was been at the heart of my personal dice trays(scroll down to see the tray) and hero vaults, as well.

A nice side effect of this particular design is that the longest piece of maple is still a really modest size, only about 6.5”. Lots of scroll saw woods come in at about 12” length, so all four sides of maple were easy to cut from a single smallish board.

4 Likes

Gorgeous!
I need to figure out this kerf thing in Illustrator. Inlay is one of my goals.

2 Likes

This is totally my aesthetic as it is! Lovely.

Now I am picturing a tray with a Celtic keypattern design.

3 Likes

Beautiful and Elegant design.

5 Likes

OK, I’ve resisted so far. I might have to try next week while I’m off from work.

Thanks for the inspiration :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tray looks great!

How did you attach the bottom to the tray? Cut grooves in the sides to trap the panel before assembly?

2 Likes

Stunning work … Could look at it all day.

1 Like

If you look at the simple tray link in the original post, I showed that there. Same method. Basically: glue it in.

2 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like

Trés tray!

2 Likes

So many beautiful things to laser. So little time. Wowzer. Nice piece.

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhh, gosh! Simply amazing. One question: are you selling your designs anywhere?

1 Like

Another awesome piece! I don’t see any darker edges in your finger joints or butt joints. How did you get them so clean? Sanding could throw your fit off. Alcohol washing?

1 Like

As a designer I applaud your decision. I very much prefer simplicity. Nice work!

1 Like

Nope but I appreciate that you think it is good enough that I could. :slight_smile:

1 Like