Switzerland is a GO!

Same here - I’ll ask my local fab lab if they can put an order in for me.

My proofgrade arrived too!
No idea when the rest will arrive. Did you already get the tracking informations?

If kuratlejeacker.ch has some Laserproof stuff, perhaps we could order there together. (sheets approx 2x3m, pickup in Bern City)

I asked for an account at gravurmaterialien.ch seems i’m not business enough for them. (was asking for private account via short mail)
Will call them and explain my situation. As a teacher in “handicraft” (Fachlehrkraft technisches Gestalten) and contributing a Community atelier with some half-independently persons involved… … perhaps?

I’m also waiting for tracking informations.

Got my proofgrade Material today too (on my birthday! :sunglasses:). No tracking number of the machine yet. Btw I did have to pay taxes. (40.-).
I plan to get my wood from the local Wohleseller (as long as I pay in cash he was ok with my little pieces). But thanks for your hints on the Gravur material!

2 Likes

Happy birthday!

Sounds like a plan. I work in Oberzollikofen, Berne City is just a couple of minutes away by train. And I assume if you’re a shop teacher, you’d have the machines for cutting the boards to a more manageable size at your disposal?

On the same subject, I bought a 1200x600mm sheet of beech plywood in Hornbach today for CHF18. Unfortunately, my cheap&cheerful circular saw made quite a mess of the edges when cutting it though.

My proof grade material was also scheduled for delivery today but will have to wait until I get back from my Easter break in the UK.
Also no sign of the actual machine yet.

Ewww! That was so bad it was really funny!

5 Likes

Just received the tracking-Code for the two packages!

1 Like

Thank you I totally glossed over that one the first time!

1 Like

Me too! No delivery date info available yet from UPS…

1 Like

Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 03.04.2018 , By End of Day
But I‘m in Holiday for a week😊

2 Likes

Rescheduled my delivery to this Friday when I’ll be back from holiday

Just paid the import fees for my Basic Glowforge: CHF631, including UPS charges. This is higher than I expected so I need to follow up with UPS to understand…

That’s an awful lot of money - mine was around 200.-, and I got a bill later for 33.- for the PG starter pack.

Yes, even accounting for the fact that mine’s at full price it still seems too much. I need to see the commercial invoice when it arrives. Still excited about it arriving tomorrow though!

UPS are a shambles, especially when they use a local carrier for the last mile, as they do here in Laax!
I arrived back from vacation yesterday to find the Glowforge and crumb tray sitting outside our garage, exposed to the elements, fortunately it was undamaged. I must have checked the rescheduled delivery date a dozen times over the last few days but the message obviously didn’t get through to their local partners. The PG materials have not yet arrived, hopefully they will come today, as requested.
The value added tax they’ve charged me also seems to be wrong. Looking at the commercial invoice it looks like they’ve applied the same value to both the Glowforge and crumb tray, resulting in double tax!
But at least I have the Glowforge, the rest can be sorted out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So, I’m absolutely delighted with my Glowforge, it works perfectly and is a joy to use :smiley:
I’ve done a quick test comparing 3mm plywood from Coop Bau & Hobby vs PG plywood. The difference was incredible. I started with the PG settings for the B&H sample and gradually reduced the speed until it cut right through, (Power 100%, speed 125, focus height 0.118", passes 1), but the result was not pretty - a lot of black charring, even with a protective paper layer applied. By contrast the PG cut was perfect, right first time and the cut was a nice honey brown color.
The 3mm acrylic from the same source seems to cut fine!
So, if I can’t find a PG equivalent supplier in Europe I guess I’m in for some some extra expense shipping from the US :frowning:

2 Likes

The “Bastelsperrholz” chars very badly indeed. I’ve had good results with the “Aviatik-Sperrholz” from their cut-to-order service. A bit more expensive, but looks and cuts very nicely. Their MDF is also good for cheap&cheerful stuff that willl be painted - the 3mm one is an exact fit for the medium draft board settings.

1 Like

Great information, thanks!