Swords for Grandkids

Sure, but Hubs just handed me a bowl of rocky road ice cream, so it will be a few minutes. :wink:

2 Likes

Mine are 11 and 5. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Truly way cool! Of course it’s all fun and games until they run each other thru with the greatest gift from the greatest grandma! Or trip and impale themselves…

4 Likes

8 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous, and I love the extra finishing that puts it a magnitude above a simple laser project!

1 Like

I see your granddaughter still loves tigers! :slight_smile:

The edge of the sword looks amazing.

2 Likes

Can’t get over how much she looks just like you.

1 Like

Fantastic! G’ma of the year for sure! And better than any damn screen device thing! Great stuff!

1 Like

Yep, no change there. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I was looking at the Japanese Warrior masks and managing them to be covid masks, but I think by the time I get them all worked out nobody will need them, but the tiger mask is a step in that direction.

Those swords are too nice to go playing and banging up. and dangerous enough to start learning the protocols for real edged weapons.

Your grandaughter is springing up like a weed. How much taller than a year ago?

2 Likes

Next up… light sabers?

Not sure how tall she was a year ago, but she’s definitely shooting up like a weed! She just hit 4’11". Probably won’t end up as tall as me (6’2") or her mom (5’10"), but she’s trying! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The pictures in her tiger outfit looks like she was several years younger, but it was last year.

1 Like

This beats the pants off the cardboard tube swords of MY childhood… The acrylic bands were a great touch, and kudos to @evansd2 for the prolific inspiration!

2 Likes

Typical @geek2nurse outdoing me at every turn, those are a really cool touch.

4 Likes

It’s my Japanese upbringing. Instead of inventing stuff from scratch, I take other people’s ideas and find ways to make them better. :wink:

4 Likes

Those are so AWESOME!!!

1 Like

Handle is really great! Very fun.

2 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

My tribe. I have 4 kids and they are all married so I’m hoping for 4 more at some point.

6 Likes