Tabletop Cornhole

Good morning everyone. Well into the second week of sheltering and staying in place. As long as I have my Glowforge and my creative spirit, I am in high spirits while we are sheltering and staying in place due to the coronavirus pandemic. The boards are 1/4 of the standard size as well as the bags. Enjoy and be safe.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cc25|375x500

46 Likes

Handmade bags?

If so, what’d you stuff them with?

I stuffed them with rice. I will tell you, I sew and this was a little challenging. They are so small that when you sew the last last side, you have to put straight pins in away from where you place the material by the needle or else there is not enough room to sew the hem. It tried to tuck in the side and then sew it. I did that with the blue one’s, but found it to be so darn difficult that when I did the green one’s I did not make a hem and they look fine. I just suggest that you add equal amounts of rice in each one. I just used a plastic spoon and whatever I put in one, I put the same amount in the others.

6 Likes

very cool and what a way to spend quarantine time!

1 Like

Love it! I think these would be awesome replacements for the big size ones at outdoor parties as well!

2 Likes

What an excellent idea! Nice designs too.

3 Likes

Beautifully decorated!!! This is really quite spectacular! I must work up a set for the grandchildren to play. Weather hasn’t allowed much yard time.

I redid some bags for a friend for the regular cornhole. Not a lot of fun sewing for sure!

I gifted a child with a weighted blanket a couple of years ago. All precision weighed for each little pocket. One plastic pellet under a needle and that was the end of the needle!

2 Likes

These are amazing and such a fun way to spend passing some time. I’m new to this, so I am not sure if I am allowed to ask this, but will you sell your file?

1 Like

Gee, thanks so much. I will give it to everyone for free:) I am a teacher so I am preparing my shop for online classes at the moment. Could you give me a day or two?

1 Like

No hurry. I am a nurse, so I understand priorities. This is so kind of you, and I hope I can give this community back something one day. Thank you!

2 Likes

You can make these and NOT decorate them with the logo of a sports team? :brain: :fireworks:

3 Likes

These are really cool! Excellent idea!

And if things get really desperate, you have a secret stash of rice.

3 Likes

I would love to make these!!! Are you selling the school file?

Here is the file. School took the front seat. Online learning takes up more of my entire day than in a physical classroom. So sorry about the wait. Here is the file. The joints are based on 1/4" thickness. Since the boards are at an incline, the joints are slightly off in a couple of places, but nothing that some sandpaper couldn’t fix.I also put a coat of resin on top and then waxed it. You really to not need to do all of that though. It just made it extra slippery:)

Tabletop Cornhole

Let me know how it goes or if you have trouble opening the file.

2 Likes

I can give you my file, and just remove the fish if you do not want them on there. Yeah, you can put on these whatever you want.

Tabletop Cornhole

Cathy

1 Like

I will give you the file. I made these myself. Just keep in mind that the board width is set at 1/4" thickness and how snug your’s fits all depends on your material.

Here is the link for the file. If you have problems with loading it, let me know.

Tabletop Cornhole

Cathy

Is this file free? I am fairly new on GlowForge and haven’t figured out how to make my own designs, but have enjoyed doing most of the free ones. Would love this for my family. Thank you, email: thompson73438@att.net

Welcome!

Your best bet for finding free files is in the Free Laser Designs category. Sometimes, people will also offer or provide design files in other categories. Just look for the download links.

However, there are a variety of reasons someone may not want to share design files and, it can be uncomfortable for some to have to say no publicly. So, our community standards (and forum rules) are to not to ask and, leave it up to the designer to offer.

(Also, this is a fairly simple design (apart from the engrave) that might be worth trying to do yourself. I am sure people here will be happy to help if you need suggestions on how to proceed. Are you familiar with any vector graphics software like Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator, Affinity Designer or Corel Draw?)

I am not but I have been trying to do the tutorial videos on YouTube for Inkscape. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I wouldn’t have asked if I hadn’t read different post where it was being shared or at least I thought it was maybe in a file . I am new to Glowforge and have enjoyed the free designs. Have a great day.

1 Like