Seen here: Secret Santa reveal day
Tea_Box.zip (12.7 KB)
This is sized for Medium Proofgrade.
Cut and glue Tea_Box_Bottom. (Engrave the bottom before gluing, if you want.)
If you wish have the window in the top, the steps are:
- Place the box top in
- Open Box top window and frame.SVG. You can edit it to add custom engrave elements
- Ignore black for processing. Use black to align to the box top. The window and frame center inside the black.
- Cut Cyan, and score (draft is fine, it helps align the frame) yellow into box top. Engrave your other customization (I used Magenta for engrave when I did it for ease).
- Take the top out, add clear acrylic. Cut Cyan. Can move, but don’t resize. This gave me a perfect window.
- From another board, cut yellow twice for upper and lower frame.
- Use the score lines to align and glue the upper frame to the top.
- Insert the acrylic. Dots of CA in the corners can really help holding it.
- Use the position of the upper frame to align and glue the lower frame (inside the lid)
- Glue up the rest of the top.
The tray insert gives you 12 partitions in the box. Cut TrayInsert.svg. It isn’t quite as snug a fit than I had planned, so you may want to glue the assembled insert in the bottom of the box.
When done, you have your own amazing version of this tea box.