Teacher Thank-You Box

End of term gift for the teachers at school: we asked the kids in the class to draw a self-portrait and write a short letter to their teachers. I built a box to contain all the letters of appreciation (so cute), and included their portraits on the design.

I took the ‘bunk bed’ lid idea from my previous build and batched out a few of these for the class teachers and head teacher.

Proofgrade basswood and cherry plywood.

Based on my previous post

49 Likes

A most beautiful design! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Excellent use of your box. Love the self portraits.

1 Like

That’s awesome! I really like this, and your previous post, design. I’m going to have to try to figure out how to make these now

1 Like

What a great idea for a teacher’s gift!

1 Like

This is SO cute, yet so elegant at the same time. I love the design…and the kids’ self-portraits. You can sure get some idea of what those kids think of themselves. :grinning:

2 Likes

Wow, what a memorable gift! It’s cool to see the range of artistic talent on display. Feeling a little sorry for Griffin—bad day?

1 Like

Yeah…I saw that, too. Sort of sad that he was immortalized with that frown. That’s why I mentioned wondering what the kids thought of themselves.

1 Like

What a neat idea - something I’m sure the teachers will appreciate for years to come. And I love the box design - that lid is so clever!

2 Likes

Can’t imagine how wowed this teacher will be! What a thoughtful gift! Very well done!

1 Like

What a cute design.

This is just lovely. Well done.

Welcome to the forum.